Damn, nature you’re scary!! In this episode, Emi and Jenn talked about Bigfoot and the Montauk Monster. Creatures that may exist or may not and were definitely created by the government. Yeah definitely that.
- 92 years of Bigfoot sightings.
- It’s a felony to kill a Bigfoot.
- Worldwide Bigfoot sightings including frequency and latest sighting.
- A pretty intensive Wikipedia article.
Montauk Monster Research
- New York Magazine coverage of the Montauk Monster, July 2008.
- Science Blogs post with coverage of Darren Nash’s and Jeff Corwin’s independent explanations of the Montauk Monster. Spoiler alert: They say it’s a raccoon.
- Wikipedia articles about Plum Island and Plum Island Animal Disease Center.
- The Brooklyn Bridge Monster emerges.
- Photos of the Montauk Monster.
- Orient by Christopher Bollen used the idea of the Montauk Monster as a minor plot point. (Jenn recommended read.)
Miscellaneous Bits & Pieces
- A map of cryptozoological creatures.
- Aye-Ayes are fucking creepy but they’re also real. Not only are the ugly they’re also endangered. (Can’t imagine why!)
- Narwahls are real. They’re the unicorns of the sea.
Weekly Weird Stories
- Emi has the answers to all your lady bit problems with these healing crystal dildos and a thorough breakdown on polished malachite stalacites also for your vagina.
- Jenn read a passage from Playing Dead: A Journey Through the World of Death Fraud by Elizabeth Greenwood about the Hartlepool monkey hanging.
Disclaimer: some links are part of the Amazon Affiliate program.