People don’t just disappear into thin air. Or do they? In this episode, Emi and Jenn swapped stories about head scratching disappearances ranging from the late Middle Ages to present day.
The Princes in the Tower Research
- Wikipedia article about the disappearance of Edward V and Richard of Shrewsbury.
- Guardian article detailing The Church of England’s refusal to do forensic testing on the bodies.
- Blog post written by John Ashdown-Hill about why the bodies entombed as Edward V and Richard of Shrewsbury aren’t actually their bodies.
- Timeline of Edward V’s and Richard of Shrewbury’s lives.
- Full breakdown of Ray Gricar’s life, career, and disappearance thanks to Wikipedia.
- Season 2, episode 5 of The FBI Files “A Stranger in Town” featuring Ray Gricar as a commentator.
- Huffington Post article examining Ray Gricar’s decision not to prosecute Jerry Sandusky in 1998.
- Photos of Ray Gricar and Utah man believed (for a short time) to be him. (Update to original article.)
- Blog post by Yardbird.com detailing similarities between Gricar’s disappearance and the disappearance and death of Assistant U.S. Attorney Jonathan Luna.
- Ariel photo of location Ray Gricar’s car was found.
- FBI file for Ray Gricar’s disappearance provided to PennLive.com in April 2015.
Weekly Weird Stories
- Emi tells the story of a life saved by a…wait for it…sandwich! Hungry yet? (Jenn is.)
- Get yourself to the dentist twice a year, friends! Jenn shares the story of a young man who died after an infected tooth went on a rampage.
[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/5186614/height/360/width/450/theme/standard/autonext/no/thumbnail/yes/autoplay/no/preload/no/no_addthis/no/direction/forward/” height=”360″ width=”450″ placement=”bottom”]