Happy October! All month long we’ll be featuring stories with a scare factor. Listen to all of them and let us know which one in your favorite. And don’t forget to share you favorite creepy story with us in our Facebook group.
Every murder is creepy right? On a scale of 1 to 10 the stories Emi and Jenn tell this week are off the charts. We have the gruesome stylings of Madame LaLaurie and the fiery (possible) deaths of the Sodder children.
- A detailed account of Madame LaLaurie’s life and crimes.
- It wouldn’t be an episode without a Wikipedia article.
- Several accounts of horrendous torture and how Madam LaLaurie’s crimes were discovered.
- Even more disgusting stories from inside the LaLaurie mansion.
- The Line Up provides a timeline for the Sodder case.
- The Smithsonian Institute was involved with the Sodder fire investigation.
- On the 60th anniversary of the fire, NPR covered the case in detail.
- The photo on the left is of nine year old Louise Sodder and on the right is the photo sent to the family in 1967. Inscription sourced from The Charley Project.